So... How Does the New Oly 12-200 Look on Camera Bodies?

Biro

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Steve
As some of you already know, I picked up a black Pen F and a 12-200mm zoom during the recent Olympus refurbished sale in the U.S.

I must say, the 12-200 looks and feels much more balanced than I thought it would. I think it's going to be a fine travel/do-all lens.

Here are some shots of the 12-200 - with and without lens hood - on my new Pen F and my E-M1 II...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

joerg218

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jörg
Looks like a nice size lens. I will be keeping a keen eye on reviews of this lens and looking forward to seeing more sample shots.
Looks like the lens is not very popular (yet), no sample image thread for the lens and not very much pictures at flickr from this lens. Ok, maybe the lens is overpriced, but still interesting for a "one in all" lens.

Biro

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Steve
Looks like the lens is not very popular (yet), no sample image thread for the lens and not very much pictures at flickr from this lens. Ok, maybe the lens is overpriced, but still interesting for a "one in all" lens.
Yup. And it was a fairly low-risk purchase given that the refurbed lens was priced at $719 with a final price of $576 during Oly's 20% off sale. Much more in line with what I thought the lens should cost.

By the time Oly has a similar sale, perhaps around Labor Day and then again around the holidays, we should have more of the lenses in the wild -- with more images and reviews.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom