New thread formatting

Giiba

Something to someone somewhere
I don't see this change mentioned anywhere, so I'm starting a thread about it.

Not sure if I'm missing an option or something, but since updating my phone last night all of the user info boxes are rendering differentlythan they were before. Instead of being a bar above each post it is now a window on the left of each post. I'm finding it rather strange to read as a third of my screen width on the mobile site is being taken up by this.

See:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Is this new? Is this just my browser? Is there a way I can go back to the old formatting? Or do others like this?

Giiba

A perfect example of the wasted space. If text would wrap to fill the space below the user field it would be okay. But this isn't working for me.

Giiba

Figured it out. Tis a setting in Android 7.1.1.

Under Accessibility:

If I set "Display size" to 'small' everything is fine. When set to 'smaller' I get the layout in the previous screens. I'm using Lightning Browser which relys on the Android Web View component. Everything is fully up to date.

Problem solved for now... though I'd like to use 'smaller' as this is the only place the results are negative.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom