New Front Page

Hendrik

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Hendrik
I think the new page has some merits. What I would like to see is the latest cover story in detail below the 6 boxes. This would fill the space with the sidebar and allow a quick glimpse of the main featured story.
+1
With the old format I never really had the ambition to page past the top story. Keeping several current while featuring one seems to me to be optimal.

kingduct

Mu-43 Veteran
I think the new page has some merits. What I would like to see is the latest cover story in detail below the 6 boxes. This would fill the space with the sidebar and allow a quick glimpse of the main featured story.
Agreed, though I might say to just show three boxes, rather than six. Or, conceivably, the one that is shown in full detail wouldn't get a little box (thus four stories total would be highlighted).

D

Deleted member 20897

I like the new layout. There are times when I may not get to the site and may miss a featured thread. I like the new layout, honestly.

Ulfric M Douglas

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I love the new front page : much better than some random (or chosen) single thread.
I can click on a canyon and avoid ducks. Choice is good.
I always hate whatever new stuff occurs on this site, and I don't hate this latest change : that is saying a LOT.

Giiba

Something to someone somewhere
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

My suggestion would be to have an even number of posts as the above with an odd number looks a bit weird. Otherwise very nice.

nstelemark

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Larry
The developer gave me an update to fix this issue. Can anyone tell me if it is now fixed?
Not on mac desktop, and this looks better in Chrome vice Safari.

Safari:

Chrome:

FastCorner

Mu-43 Veteran
I like the new format, but is there a way to retain the original image aspect ratio? Cropping into the center of an image composed on the rule of thirds makes the food photography post look awkward. For reference, I like the way that Google Photos handles images.

Last edited:

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
I like the new format!
But some of the pictures looks blurred, especially landscapes. Maybe keeping the aspect ratio and just sizing the pictures would work?
And maybe 2 side by side would work, little bigger and still a lot easier to see what's new.
I would have no problem with the "list" getting longer as I usually scroll the down the recent post list to see if something new has happened that interest me.
So a 2x10 list or something like that?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom